Photo By: Flickr, Source, CC
From steamy forests to majestic castles, Transylvania has long been a mysterious and magical region. People around the world have been captivated by stories of vampires, werewolves and other mythical creatures, adding to the deep mystique of the area. In recent years, Transylvania has become better known as a dream tourist destination, with people visiting from around the globe to unlock its magic.
Exploring Transylvania’s Hidden Secrets
- Travel to Drăgăşani: Drăgăşani is a small town in the hedonistic heart of Transylvania. Here, you can explore cobblestone streets and find a centuries-old vineyard, offering a unique insight into the region’s age-old winemaking traditions.
- Visit Dracula’s Castle: Arguably the most famous landmark in Transylvania, Bran Castle was home to 15th century Emperor Vlad III, more commonly known as Vlad the Impaler, who is thought to be the inspiration behind Bram Stoker’s Dracula.
- Walk in the Footsteps of Romania’s King: The Corvinilor Castle is the destination for those looking to walk in the footsteps of Romania’s 15th century king, Matei Corvin. Located near the western city of Alba Iulia, the castle marks the former capital of Transylvania and it features a fantastic collection of gothic and renaissance architecture.
- Discover Cluj-Napoca: Cluj-Napoca is Romania’s second largest city and it sits right in the center of Transylvania. Here, you can explore an eclectic mix of churches, museums, and art galleries or take a leisurely stroll through Central Park.
- Discover Sighişoara: Sighişoara is perhaps the most well-known Transylvanian city. Its stunningly preserved old town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is home to colorful pastel houses, cobblestone streets and a dramatic medieval clock tower.
Unlocking Transylvania’s Magic
Transylvania is a region unlike any other. Its misty forests, picturesque villages and breathtaking castles are sure to make visitors fall in love at first sight. For those looking to unlock the mystery and magic of Transylvania, it is essential to visit the region and discover its hidden secrets for yourself. From winding streets to awe-inspiring architecture, Transylvania is a place of wonder that can’t help but awe and inspire.
What is the best way to explore Transylvania?
The best way to explore Transylvania is to go on a self-guided road trip or guided tour. You have the flexibility of planning your own route, stopping off at attractions and points of interest, and finding somewhere to stay each night. It is also an adventure to explore on foot or by bike. There are many unique and interesting places to visit, such as the infamous Bran Castle, image villages and traditional festivals.