Twitter is a social networking service that enables users to post “tweets,” which are 280 character messages.
With more over 320 million monthly active users, it was established by Jack Dorsey in 2006 and has since grown to be one of the most well-known social media networks.
Here are ten fun facts about Twitter:
1. Jack Dorsey made the first tweet on March 21, 2006, with the message “just setting up my twttr.”
2. The typical Twitter user has 707 followers.
3. Tweets with videos are 6 times more likely to be retweeted than tweets with photos, and tweets with videos receive 18% more interaction than tweets without videos.
4. Every day, more than 500 million tweets are sent.
5. Users between the ages of 25 and 34 make up the majority of Twitter users.
6. The typical user uses Twitter for 170 minutes a month.
7. Nearly half of Twitter profiles were probably created by bots or spam software, and 46% of users have never tweeted before.
9. There are 391 million Twitter accounts with zero followers.
10. Nearly 500 million users use Twitter each month without logging in. This demonstrates the degree to which tweets are incorporated into mainstream media and other venues.