Tennis is a sport that anyone can play.
People of all ages and skill levels can enjoy the game of tennis. It is a fantastic way to exercise and have fun. With a racket and ball, it is the most well-liked game in the entire world.
Here are ten fun facts about tennis:
1. John Isner of the United States and Nicolas Mahut of France played in the longest tennis match ever, which lasted 11 hours and 5 minutes, at Wimbledon in 2010. Isner won 70-68 in the fifth set.
2. Over the years, oddball items including a bird, a ball boy’s cap, and even an umbrella have been struck during games.
3. Roger Federer defeated Marin Cilic in straight sets in 2014, becoming him the oldest man to ever win the Wimbledon singles title. Federer was 33 years and 8 months old at the time.
4. In the Open Era of tennis, Serena Williams of the United States has won 23 Grand Slam singles titles, more than any other player (male or female) (since 1968).
5. Australian player Rod Laver won the inaugural men’s singles Grand Slam competition in 1962.
6. The late 19th century saw the rise in popularity of women’s tennis.
7. Initially, the game was played with the hands, but rackets were added in the sixteenth century.
8. The inaugural Wimbledon competition took place in 1877.
9. Tennis was invented in 12th-century France.
10. In 1977, after claiming “Nobody beats Vitas Gerulaitis 17 times in a row,” Vitas Gerulaitis lost the next match to Jimmy Connors.