As of 2018, McDonald’s served over 69 million customers every day across 37,855 locations in more than 100 countries, making it the largest restaurant chain in the world by sales.
They are renowned for their morning products including McMuffins and McGriddles as well as their hamburgers, cheeseburgers, and french fries. McDonald’s provides salads, vegetarian alternatives, wraps, and other regional fare in the majority of markets.
Here are ten fun facts about McDonald’s:
1. Brothers Dick and Mac McDonald founded the first McDonald’s in San Bernardino, California, in 1940.
3. Jim Schindler created the McDonald’s emblem in 1968. The letter “M” for McDonald’s is represented by the golden arches.
4. Currently, there are over 38,000 McDonald’s locations globally. Across 93% of McDonald’s outlets around the world are run and owned by independent local entrepreneurs.
5. Every day, somewhere in the world, 68 million individuals visit a McDonald’s.
6. There are more than 75 distinct types of burgers available at McDonald’s restaurants worldwide, so if you wanted to taste them all, you would need to consume at least seven of them.
7. The first McDonald’s drive-through opened in Sierra Vista, Arizona, in 1975. Soldiers in uniform were not permitted to get out of their cars for military purposes.
8. French fries weren’t always an option; they were added in 1947 as a result of the abundance of potatoes that followed World War II.
9. There are more McDonald’s restaurants in the US than there are hospitals!