Discover the Hidden Gems of Bali: A Journey Through Indonesia’s Island Paradise
Photo By: Flickr, Source, CC 1. Introduction Bali, a small island located in Indonesia, is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Southeast Asia. The island is well-known for its stunning beaches, vibrant culture, and friendly locals. But did you know that Bali also hides several hidden gems for travelers willing to explore […] More
Slovenia, Discover the Unspoiled Beauty
Photo By: Flickr, Source, CC Slovenia is an unspoiled paradise located in Europe with a unique variety of landscapes and cultural attractions. This small country of only 2 million people offers some of the most breathtaking views you’ll ever experience. From snow-capped mountains to Mediterranean coastline, Slovenia has something for everyone. Here’s why you […] More
France Traveler’s Guide – Discover the Magic of to the Charming Countryside
Photo By: Flickr, Source, CC Discover the Magic of France: A Traveller’s Guide to the Charming Countryside France Traveler’s Guide of France’s scenic countryside attracts travelers with its mix of lush valleys, picture-perfect vineyards and fairytale castles. A rustic landscape coupled with culture, food and wine, make the countryside of France an ideal destination for […] More
Discover the Magic of Amsterdam
Photo By: Flickr, Source, CC Amsterdam is a city unlike any other in Europe. With its rich history, vibrant culture and remarkable natural beauty, it’s no wonder that Amsterdam is one of the most popular cities to visit in Europe. Here’s a look at some of the best things to experience in Amsterdam: Exploring the […] More
Discover Ireland’s Coastline: Experiencing the Best of West Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way
Photo By: Flickr, Source, CC From the sandy beaches to the crashing waves, the wild and rugged coast of Ireland is something to behold. Stretching for over 1500 miles, the Wild Atlantic Way of West Ireland is a stunning display of natural beauty and a must-see for anyone looking to explore the wild outdoors. Here’s […] More
Discover the Hidden Gems of Canada’s Western Coast
Photo By:Flickr: Image Canada’s Pacific coast is home to countless unexplored gems Canada’s western coast is truly a sight to behold. From rugged mountain peaks to miles of scenery, with plenty of activities most tourists have yet to discover, holidaying here can be an adventure. Here some hidden gems of Canada’s western coast: Tofino – […] More
- in Fresh, Animals, Reviews, Viral Fresh
Ten Fun Facts about Ants
Did you know that ants are one of the most successful groups of animals on Earth?
There are more than 12,000 species of ants and they can be found in every continent except Antarctica. We all know ants. They’re crawling around everywhere, minding their own business (usually). But there’s a lot we don’t know about these fascinating creatures.
Here are ten fun facts about ants:
1. There are more ants on Earth than any other type of creature.
2. The average ant colony consists of between 20,000 to 40,000 individuals.
3. Ants are incredibly strong for their size. They can lift objects 50 times their own weight.
4. Ants communicate with each other using chemical signals called pheromones.
5. Worker ants can live for up to 7 years, while queen ants can live for up to 20 years.
6. Some species of ant can travel long distances – up to 6 miles (10 km) in a single day.
7. Ants are very important pollinators and help spread pollen from flower to flower as they search for food.
8. Some queen ants can lay up to 800 eggs a day.
9. The largest known ant colony was discovered in 2000 near the city of Melbourne, Australia – it consisted of over 300 million individual ants and stretched for 2,800 miles (4,500 km)!
10. Fire ants cause over $4 billion worth of damage a year! More