Ryan Reynolds: The Unlikely Hollywood Star
Ryan Reynolds, the Canadian-born actor, has enjoyed much success in Hollywood despite his unconventional start. From a low budget soap opera to comedic blockbuster hits, Reynolds’ career trajectory has been much like some of Hollywood’s A-list stars. Here is an overview of his journey to the bright lights of Hollywood: Early Acting Career Reynolds began […] More
How Mariah Carey’s ‘All I Want for Christmas is You’ Became an International Hit
Boardroom breaks down the roundabout rollout of Mariah Carey’s Christmas classic and how its chart-topping success came to be.Do you hear what I hear?Maybe it’s the bells beginning to tingle. More
Jaylen Brown Contract & Salary Breakdown
The ascendant wing is routinely creating value beyond his pay level — Boardroom breaks down the details of the Celtics’ Jaylen Brown contract.When the drafted at No. 3 in the More
Lil Baby & Budweiser Release Tears for Fears-Inspired FIFA Single
The “Stand On It” rapper teamed up for the debut of the official music video for “The World Is Yours To Take,” which premiered following Argentina’s 2022 World Cup win More
Major MLB Deals for the 2022–2023 Offseason
From record-setting extensions to the biggest MLB free agency moves, Boardroom rounds up the tallest stacks of cash changing hands this winter.The offseason is here. That means winter meetings, backchanneling, More
- in Fresh, Animals, Reviews, Viral Fresh
Ten Fun Facts about Ants
Did you know that ants are one of the most successful groups of animals on Earth?
There are more than 12,000 species of ants and they can be found in every continent except Antarctica. We all know ants. They’re crawling around everywhere, minding their own business (usually). But there’s a lot we don’t know about these fascinating creatures.
Here are ten fun facts about ants:
1. There are more ants on Earth than any other type of creature.
2. The average ant colony consists of between 20,000 to 40,000 individuals.
3. Ants are incredibly strong for their size. They can lift objects 50 times their own weight.
4. Ants communicate with each other using chemical signals called pheromones.
5. Worker ants can live for up to 7 years, while queen ants can live for up to 20 years.
6. Some species of ant can travel long distances – up to 6 miles (10 km) in a single day.
7. Ants are very important pollinators and help spread pollen from flower to flower as they search for food.
8. Some queen ants can lay up to 800 eggs a day.
9. The largest known ant colony was discovered in 2000 near the city of Melbourne, Australia – it consisted of over 300 million individual ants and stretched for 2,800 miles (4,500 km)!
10. Fire ants cause over $4 billion worth of damage a year! More
- in Fresh, How To, Reviews, Viral Fresh
Ten Fun Facts about Tennis
Tennis is a sport that anyone can play.
Tennis is a sport that can be enjoyed by people of all ages and abilities. It is a great way to get some exercise and have some fun. It is the most popular game, in the world, played with a racket and ball.
Here are ten fun facts about tennis:
1. The longest tennis match ever recorded lasted 11 hours and 5 minutes, and was between John Isner of America and Nicolas Mahut of France at Wimbledon 2010 – it finished 70-68 to Isner in the fifth set.
2. There have been some unusual items hit during matches over the years including a bird, a ball boy’s cap and even an umbrella.
3. In 2014, Roger Federer became the oldest man to win a Wimbledon singles title when he defeated Marin Cilic in straight sets at age 33 years and 8 months old.
4. American player Serena Williams has won 23 Grand Slam singles titles, more than any other player (male or female) in the Open Era of tennis (since 1968).
5. The first men’s singles Grand Slam tournament was won by Australian player Rod Laver in 1962.
6. Women’s tennis began to gain popularity in the late 19th century.
7. The game was originally played with the hands, but rackets were introduced in the 16th century.
8. The first Wimbledon tournament was held in 1877.
9. Tennis originated in France in the 12th century.
10. In 1977, Vitas Gerulaitis famously lost a match after saying “Nobody beats Vitas Gerulaitis 17 times in a row” – he lost the very next match to Jimmy Connors. More
- in Fresh, How To, Reviews, Viral Fresh
Ten Fun Facts about Twitter
Twitter is a social networking site that allows users to post short, 280-character messages called “tweets.”
It was founded in 2006 by Jack Dorsey and has since become one of the most popular social media platforms with over 320 million monthly active users.
Here are ten fun facts about Twitter:
1. The first tweet was sent by Jack Dorsey on March 21, 2006 and said “just setting up my twttr”.
2. The average person has 707 followers on Twitter.
3. Tweets with images receive 18% more engagement than those without images and tweets with videos are 6 times more likely to be retweeted than tweets with photos.
4. There are over 500 million tweets sent every day.
5. The most popular age group on Twitter is 25 to 34 years old.
6. The average user spends 170 minutes per month on Twitter.
7. 46% of Twitter users have never tweeted before, around half of Twitter profiles are most likely create by bots or spam software.
8. On October 27, 2022, Elon Musk acquired Twitter for around $44 billion USD.
9. 391 million Twitter accounts have no followers at all.
10. Every month, around 500 million people access Twitter without logging in. This shows how far tweets are spread on other media platforms, such as main stream media. More
Ten Fun Facts about McDonald’s
McDonald’s is the world’s largest restaurant chain by revenue, serving over 69 million customers daily in over 100 countries across 37,855 outlets as of 2018.
They are particularly known for their hamburgers, cheeseburgers and french fries, as well as breakfast items such as McMuffins and McGriddles. In most markets, McDonald’s offers salads and vegetarian options, wraps and other localized fare.
Here are ten fun facts about McDonald’s:
1. The first ever McDonald’s was opened in 1940 by brothers Dick and Mac McDonald in San Bernardino, California.
2. The fast-food chain was originally called “McDonald’s Bar-B-Q” before it was shortened to just “McDonald’s” in 1948.
3. The McDonald’s logo was designed in 1968 by Jim Schindler. The golden arches represent the letter “M” for McDonald’s.
4. There are currently more than 38,000 McDonald’s restaurants worldwide. Approximately 93% Of McDonald’s restaurants worldwide are owned and operated by independent local business owners.
5. Every day, around 68 million people visit a McDonald’s somewhere around the world.
6. You would need to eat at least seven burgers from different McDonald’s restaurants around the world to try them all – there are more than 75 different types.
7. McDonald’s first drive-through opened in 1975 in Sierra Vista, Arizona. It was for the purpose of the military, soldiers were not allowed to leave their cars whilst in uniform.
8. French Fries were not always on the menu, they were added in 1947 when potatoes became plentiful following World War II.
9. In the United States, there are more McDonald’s restaurants than there are hospitals!
10. King Charles of England owns a McDonald’s near Buckingham Palace, London. So far, he has yet to dine there, but he may be more of a drive-through type! More
The Top 10 Highest-Grossing Sequels Ever
Aligning with Avatar’s long-awaited sequel, we’re breaking down the highest-grossing sequels and what the sci-fi film needs to do to top the list (again).Avatar hit theaters 13 years ago, and More