Photo By: Flickr, Source, CC
Taipei is a city full of surprises. Filled with never-ending attractions and activities, Taipei is a city that is rich with culture and tradition, and a city where people come to escape to explore the wonderful world that is Taiwan.
1. Admiring the Architecture
Taipei’s architecture is truly unique, from its grandiose government buildings and iconic landmarks to its rows of art deco storefronts. Visit the iconic Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall, explore the galleries of the National Palace Museum and the Taipei 101, or simply just wander the streets and admire the city’s vibrant buildings.
2. Shopping, Night Markets, and Street Vide
Taipei offers a range of shopping opportunities, from the luxury boutiques of Xinyi District to the bustling night markets spread all across the city. Explore the Songshan Cultural and Creative Park and the Huashan Creative Park, or perhaps hit up one of the city’s street markets. The array of goods, souvenirs and street food one can find here is worth the visit.
3.Taking in the Landscape
Taipei is a city full of natural beauty. Hike the trails of Yangmingshan National Park, marvel at the stunning views from Elephant Mountain and soak up the serene atmosphere of Sun Yat-sen Memorial Park. With an array of mountains, parks, riverbanks and ocean views, the opportunities for exploration in the outdoors are endless.
4. Dining and Nightlife Experiences
Experience Taipei’s vibrant nightlife and explore the city’s unique culinary culture. Sample traditional Taiwanese cuisine such as beef noodle soup, stinky tofu and danzai noodles, or hit up one of the city’s sleek bars, clubs and live music venues.
5. Appreciating Local Culture
Taipei is a city that embraces its history and culture. Take in a local performance at the Red Playhouse theater, study traditional Chinese calligraphy at the Min An Tang cultural center or perhaps explore the local art at the Huashan 1914 Creative Park. From music to art, there’s something to appeal to everyone.
A visit to Taipei is an unforgettable experience. From its incredible architecture to its vibrant culture, there’s plenty to explore, discover and enjoy. For a truly unique and memorable journey, visit Taipei and fall in love with the city.
Where are the best places to visit in Taipei?
1. National Palace Museum: One of the most famous spots in Taipei and one of the world’s largest collections of ancient Chinese art and artifacts.
2. Taipei 101: Taiwan’s iconic and iconic symbol, complete with the world’s second-tallest building, fastest elevators, and world-renowned night views of the city.
3. Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall: This large memorial honors Chiang Kai-shek, first president of the Republic of China.
4. Longshan Temple: One of the most famous temple in Taipei, this is a great place to learn about Chinese Buddhism and explore the many shops, restaurants and vendors surrounding the temple.
5. Shilin Night Market: This bustling market has something for everyone, from traditional fare to quirky souvenirs.
6. Beitou Hot Springs: Soak in the hot springs among the lush natural surroundings.
7. Maokong Gondola: This cable car ride lets you take in the stunning views of Taipei from the top of the mountain.
8. National Dr. Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall: This park honors Sun Yat-sen as the Founding Father of the Republic of China.
9. Tamsui Old Streets and Fisherman’s Wharf: Explore this quaint area with its old houses and walk along the promenade.
10. Yehliu Geopark: Gawk at the unique hoodoo and mushroom rocks sculpted by ocean erosion.