Photo By: Flickr, Source, CC
Greece has long been a popular tourist destination due to its stunningly beautiful landscapes and ancient monuments. However, while it may be well-known and loved, there are also plenty of hidden gems to explore that may often go unnoticed by visitors. Keep reading to find out more about these extraordinary treasures and why Greece truly is a lesser-known gem in the Mediterranean.
The Natural Beauty of Greece
Greece is renowned for its natural beauty and stunning landscapes, with awe-inspiring mountains, sandy beaches, and crystal clear water.
Below are just a few of the hidden spots to explore if you want to experience the beauty of Greece:
- Logaras Beach, Paros: Behold the gorgeous crystal-clear water and breathtaking beauty of Logaras beach, situated in the stunning Paros Island. This picturesque beach is the perfect spot to spend an afternoon, soaking up the sunshine and swimming in the ocean.
- Krithi Beach, Rhodes: Located on the Greek Island of Rhodes, Krithi beach offers serene, tranquil surroundings and beautiful white sands to explore. This lesser-known spot is great for those who want to enjoy the Mediterranean Sea without the bustling crowds.
- Kolokytha Springs, Kastoria: Kolokytha Springs is home to several natural pools, making it perfect for some refreshing swimming and a picnic in the sunshine. The area is considered a special natural treasure and is easily accessible from Kastoria.
The Ancient History of Greece
Grece is a haven for those interested in ancient history, with distinct and remarkable ruins to discover around every corner.
Travel back in time to explore some of these lesser-known historical gems, including:
- The Palace of Galara, Serres: Explore the ruins of the much-fabled Palace of Galara, an intriguing structure allegedly built by King Midas’ father, Gordias, in the ancient city of Serres.
- The Lion of Amun, Crete: Uncover the astonishing remains of the monumental Lion of Amun, an ancient temple dedicated to the Egyptian god Amun-Re. This site, in the Minoan palace of Knossos, is full of captivating ruins to explore.
- Tiryns, Argolis: The ruins of Tiryns, the mythical city of Hercules, are an incredible draw for history lovers. Home to a 4th-century BC fortress, the valiant ruins of Tiryns are situated near the modern-day city of Argolis.
Greece: A Hidden Gem of the Mediterranean
From its magnificent natural beauty to its ancient ruins, Greece is a truly spectacular Mediterranean destination. Filled with hidden gems and less-explored spots, Greece is the perfect place to explore the lesser-known treasures this region has to offer. With a captivating history and fantastic culture, Greece is a hidden gem waiting to be discovered.