The picturesque beauty and grandeur of Prague, Czech Republic have earned it the title of ‘City of a Hundred Spires’. This former royal capital town is a fairytale come alive, with its cobblestoned streets, splendid Baroque monuments, and an open-air concert in the central Old Town Square. Prague is a paradise for those who love to explore its captivating beauty, be it the stunning Charles Bridge or the impressive architecture of the Prague Castle, there’s something for every traveler.
Here are five must-see places in Prague to explore:
- Prague Castle – Situated atop the peak of Hradčany Hill, this castle is the dominating symbol of the Prague skyline. Dating back to the 9th century, the complex houses stunning churches, palaces, historical buildings and galleries, the castle and its surrounding buildings form the largest collection of medieval and Gothic architecture in Europe.
- Charles Bridge – Spreading its five majestic arches over the meandering Vltava River, Charles Bridge is the most iconic symbol of Prague and also the best view spot in the city. Step back in time as you stroll across this picturesque bridge and check out the array of vendors selling jewellery, artwork, and souvenirs.
- Old Town Square – Situated at the heart of the historic Prague center, Old Town Square is the best place to be if you want to get immersed in the Bohemian culture of Prague. Listen to the street musicians, watch a spectacular light show, try some authentic Czech dishes and drinks, you can experience it all within the walls of Old Town Square. Just don’t miss out on the historic astronomical clock, which was first painted in 1410.
- Vyšehrad Castle – Vyšehrad Castle is one of the oldest monuments of Prague, sitting atop Vyšehrad Hill overlooking the city. This castle gives you beautiful views of the surrounding city views with its high towers and ancient artworks. You’ll definitely leave with a deeper understanding of Prague’s rich history.
- Jewish Quarter – Once the hustling center of Jewish Culture in Prague, today the Jewish Quarter is a must visit place for its breathtaking architecture and rich cultural heritage. Visit the Old-New Synagogue, the Old Jewish Cemetery and the Pinkas Synagogue to experience the remarkable culture of the city.
These attractions make Prague a remarkable holiday destination, from historic gems to the modern bars and restaurants, Prague has something for everyone. If you are looking for a place for a romantic getaway or an exploring adventure, then Prague is the perfect place to be.