Photo By: Flickr, Source, CC
Prague is one of the most magical and beautiful cities in the world, and it is also one of the most popular tourist destinations in Eastern Europe. This enchanting city, with its cobblestone streets, stunning architecture, and rich history, has long been a favorite among travelers. In this guide, we’ll explore some of the best ways to experience the beauty of Prague.
Things to See and Do in Prague
Prague is home to a variety of attractions, from World Heritage-listed sites to vibrant nightlife and culture. Here are some of the top things to see and do when you’re in town:
- Visit the Charles Bridge: Constructed in the 14th century, this enchanting bridge spans the Vltava River and features a variety of statues and sculptures, including the famous Gothic sculpture of St Vitus and the Astronomical Clock at the Old Town Hall. Don’t forget to take in the stunning views of the city from the bridge.
- Visit Prague Castle: This sprawling, imposing castle is one of the largest in the world and is the official residence of the President of the Czech Republic. It dates back to the 9th century and is home to a number of stately rooms, beautiful gardens and a number of historic attractions such as the stunning St Vitus Cathedral and the Queen Anne’s Summer Palace.
- See the Jewish Quarter: Prague is home to a vibrant Jewish culture and history. Take a tour of the Jewish quarter, known as Josefov, which features a number of beautiful synagogues and a unique cemetery filled with elaborate monuments and sculptures.
- Explore Vyšehrad Castle: Not to be overlooked, Vyšehrad Castle dates back to the 13th century and is situated on a hill overlooking the city. It is home to a number of museums and galleries, and offers spectacular views of the city.
- Catch a concert in Prague: Prague is known for its classical music offerings, with many venues offering classical concerts, musicals, and even opera. There are also plenty of pubs and clubs to be discovered, making it the perfect place to enjoy an evening of music, culture, and drinks.
- Stroll through the Old Town: Prague’s Old Town is a must-see for any visitor. Wander through the winding streets and take in the stunning architecture and cobblestone roads. Take in the lively atmosphere, visit some of the city’s iconic sites, and don’t forget to try some Czech beer!
Getting Around Prague
One of the best ways to get around this sprawling city is via Prague’s robust public transportation system. The metro is one of the most efficient ways to get around, with easy access to the city’s most popular attractions. Taxis are also available, but prices can be high. Another great way to see the city is by walking or bike. You’ll find plenty of bike rental shops around the city, so you can enjoy the stunning views without having to worry about traffic.
Accommodation and Eating in Prague
Prague is home to a variety of accommodations, ranging from high-end hotels to budget-friendly hostels. For those looking for a more local experience, Airbnb is a great option, as it offers plenty of traditional apartments and homes to rent.
Eating out in Prague is an experience unto itself. When you’re feeling adventurous, head to the city’s famous outdoor markets for a taste of fresh, locally produced produce. The restaurants in the city are equally impressive, offering everything from traditional Czech fare to international cuisine.
Planning Your Trip to Prague
From its stunning architecture to its unique culture, there’s something for everyone to enjoy in Prague. Before you go, do some research on the best times to visit, as well as on the places to visit and things to do. Be sure to also look for flight and accommodation deals to maximize your vacation budget.
When you’re ready to explore the beauty of Prague, you’ll find a world of wonder waiting to be discovered. So, start planning your trip today, and enjoy the memories you create in this enchanting city.