A Vacation for the Ages
Curacao is a small, stunningly beautiful island off the coast of Venezuela, in the Dutch Caribbean. With its lush tropical forest, pristine beaches, and friendly people, Curacao is the perfect destination for your next beach getaway. Here are some of the amazing things to explore while on your visit to this unique little island.
Take in the Sights
Curacao is known for its old-world charm and colorful Dutch architecture. There are plenty of sights to take in, like the vibrant Willemstad, the historic Fort Amsterdam, and the Handelskade with its brightly-painted facades. The Otrobanda district is especially picturesque, with its pastel-colored townhouses built in the traditional architecture of the 1800s.
Activities to Enjoy
- Sunbathe and relax on any of Curacao’s beautiful beaches, such as Kenepa, Jan Thiel, or Santa Cruz.
- For the adventurous, take a scuba dive to explore the island’s stunning coral reefs.
- Hop on a jeep or horse-drawn cart and explore the winding roads of Willemstad.
- Go snorkeling and sightsee Curacao’s colorful marine life.
- Visit the National Parks where you can explore cheetah and iguana breeding grounds, or take a walk along the Curacao Sea Aquarium.
- Take a day trip to Klein Curacao, a stunning island 5 miles east of Curacao.
Experience Some Culture
In addition to its beautiful beaches, Curacao also boasts vibrant culture, with a variety of cuisine, art galleries, museums, and majestic churches. Visit the Mikvé Israel-Emanuel Synagogue, the oldest continually used synagogue in the Americas. Check out the fascinating Chobolobo distillery, where you can take a tour and sample some of the island’s famous liqueurs. And head over to the Kura Hulanda Museum where you can admire the collection of African artifacts.
Curacao is an idyllic Caribbean paradise awaiting exploration. So come and discover the beauty, culture, and charm of this unique destination.
What are the top things to do in Curacao?
1. Explore Willemstad and the Waterfront: Explore the town of Willemstad and the beautiful waterfront, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and see the magnificent historic Dutch colonial architecture.
2. Visit Curacao Sea Aquarium: Swim with dolphins, sharks and other exotic marine life at the Curacao Sea Aquarium.
3. Relax on Blue Bay Beach: Take a dip and kick back on the sandy beach of Blue Bay, one of Curacao’s most popular beaches.
4. Snorkel or Scuba Dive: Explore more than 70 dive sites around Curacao and admire the colourful tropical fish, corals and other sea creatures.
5. Take a Sightseeing Tour: Go on a sightseeing tour in an old yellow tram and get an overview of Willemstad’s most interesting locations.
6. Kayak or Paddle Board: Enjoy the landscapes and admire flora and fauna while you paddle your way through the crystal-clear waters of the lagoon.
7. Explore the Christoffel National Park: Hike around and discover plants, wildlife, tropical birds and untouched bays in one of the largest national parks in the Caribbean.
8. Visit Historic Fort Amsterdam: Explore the 17th-century Dutch fort and see beautiful colonial architecture.
9. Visit Klein Curacao Island: Enjoy a boat trip to Klein Curacao, a pristine tropical island, and make sure to keep your eyes peeled for a nesting sea turtle or two.
10. Dine at one of the Great Restaurants: Curacao offers a wide range of gourmet restaurants that guarantee a unique culinary experience.