Photo By: Flickr, Source, CC
Experience the Magic of Miami: An Insider’s Guide to the Sunshine State
The Must-do Experiences
Miami has so much to offer, it can be hard to narrow down what to do when you visit. Here’s an insiders guide to some of the must-do experiences while in Florida:
- Indulge in some Cuban Cuisine – Cuban food is big in Miami, and you’ll have plenty of opportunity to try some of the most delicious sandwiches, plantains and pastries the island nation has to offer. Head to Little Havana for the true experience, and check out the eclectic street art in the area.
- Soak up the Sun – Miami is known for its sunny skies and endless summers – quite literally.
- Visit Wynwood Walls – Take in the colorful murals of the Wynwood Walls, a public street art experience featuring some of the best graffiti and street art in Miami.
- Nature Lovers Rejoice – Don’t forget to explore the natural beauty of the Everglades. Check out the wildlife and foliage at the national park, or visit Key Biscayne and ride some waves at the beach.
- Shop ’til You Drop – Yes, Miami has plenty of great shopping. Whether you’re looking for luxury comforts or vintage finds, there’s something for everyone. Be sure to check out Lincoln Road Mall and The Miami Design District.
Spend a day on any of the beaches in Miami, and be sure to hit up South Beach for the nightlife experience.
In closing, Miami is a great place to visit for some fun and relaxation. Don’t forget the sunscreen, and make sure to make the most of your time in the Sunshine State. Enjoy your stay!
What attractions are there to see in Miami?
1. South Beach: This iconic beach is lined with palm trees, art deco buildings, and white sand. It’s a great spot for swimming, sunbathing, and people-watching.
2. Vizcaya Museum and Gardens: Take a step back in time at this European-style estate, which offers tour through a lavish mansion, Italian-style gardens, and historic beehive and citrus groves.
3. Wynwood Walls: Colorful murals, street art, and graffiti adorn the walls of this outdoor gallery, which is a vibrant reflection of Miami’s cultural diversity.
4. Everglades National Park: Go on an airboat ride and explore Florida’s unique alligator-filled wetlands, mangroves, and sawgrass prairies.
5. Seaquarium: This tropical paradise features a massive open-air marine mammal park, with exciting offers like swimming with dolphins.
6. Miami Art Museum: Discover a permanent collection that spans from pre-Colombian art to modern and contemporary pieces.
7. Little Havana: Take a stroll through this vibrant Cuban neighborhood, where you can find live music, cigars, cafes, art galleries and more.
8. Freedom Tower: This former publishing and broadcasting center is now a National Historic Landmark art museum, which hosts events and exhibitions about Miami’s immigrant histories.
9. Coral Castle: Explore this amazing garden of megalith rocks, which is both a weird and wonderful landmark.
10. Golden Beach: Yet another jewel of a beach, this is the perfect spot for swimming, fishing and kayaking.