Photo By: Flickr, Source, CC
Italy offers visitors a rich and diverse cultural experience with something for everyone. Ancient cities, stunning landscapes, and delicious cuisine make Italy a traveler’s paradise. Whether you’re interested in museums and fine art, history, or simply soaking up the beauty of Italy’s stunning scenery, this travel guide will help you make the most out of your trip.
Explore the Historic Architecture
From ancient ruins to grand cathedrals and palaces, Italy boasts an endless variety of historic buildings and monuments spanning centuries of art, culture and design.
- Visit the Colosseum in Rome – one of the most famous monuments in the world – and the Pantheon, Rome’s ancient temple and the largest unreinforced concrete dome in the world today.
- Explore the Leaning Tower of Pisa and the medieval streets of Siena
- Visit the canals and colorful buildings of Venice, the Renaissance masterpieces of Florence, and the medieval towns of San Gimignano and Gubbio
Experience Stunning Scenery
The Italian countryside is just as captivating as its historic cities. Pack a picnic and take a stroll along the shores of Lake Como, enjoy the panoramic views of the Amalfi Coast, or head for the hills and explore the snow-capped Italian Alps.
- Take a breathtaking cable car ride up to the Ortler mountain
- Take in the rollling hills and vineyards of Tuscany
- Visit the island of Sicily and explore the majestic Mount Etna
Indulge in the Local Cuisine
Italy is the home of some of the world’s best cuisine. From heavenly pizza to pasta al dente, indulge in the flavors of Italy with locally-sourced ingredients and traditional recipes.
- Savor classic dishes like spaghetti carbonara, ossobuco, and parmigiana
- Try the seafood dishes like insalata di mare and scampi
- Indulge in Italian desserts such as panna cotta, tiramisu and gelato
Are you craving a slice of Italy? Use this guide to plan your perfect trip and start discovering the splendors of this beautiful country.
What are the must-see attractions in Italy?
1. Colosseum, Rome
2. Leaning Tower of Pisa
3. St. Mark’s Basilica, Venice
5. Sistine Chapel, Vatican City
6. Siena Cathedral
7. Uffizi Gallery, Florence
8. Amalfi Coast
9. Arch of Constantine, Rome
10. Milan Cathedral
What cities should I visit in Italy to see the best attractions?
1. Rome – Visit the Vatican City, The Colosseum, and the Pantheon.
2. Venice – Tour the Grand Canal, St. Mark’s Square and the Doge’s Palace.
3. Florence – View the David statue, explore the Uffizi Gallery, and take a day trip to Fiesole.
4. Pisa – See the Leaning Tower and the beautiful cathedral.
5. Cinque Terre – Trek the breathtaking coastal path and visit the vibrant towns along the way.
6. Milan – Admire the famous Duomo and wander through the streets of the fashion capital.
7. Naples – Stroll around the Spaccanapoli and experience the hustle and bustle of the sprawling city.
8. Sicily – Explore the ancient Greek ruins, marvel at Etna’s eruption, and take a stroll along the iridescent coastline.
9. Verona – Worship at Juliet’s balcony and explore the foundation of the Collosseum.
10. Siena – Admire the beautiful Tuscan hilltop town, bask in the history of the city and explore the numerous attractions.