Photo By: , Source, CC
Fulfillment is a term used within the context of commerce and e-commerce to describe the process of storing, managing, and sending goods and orders to customers. It encompasses several steps starting with receiving orders and handling inventory management, all the way through picking, packing, and shipping the items to the customers. The ultimate goal of a fulfillment process is to ensure that the items are delivered to the customers accurately, on time, and in good condition. Fulfillment plays a critical role in customer satisfaction and building a loyal customer base, making it an essential aspect of any successful business. In the context of library services, Fulfillment also includes the processes of borrowing and returning physical or digital resources.
Technology is a rapidly evolving field that has radically changed the way we live, work, and communicate. From the first computer to the latest AI systems, the tech industry has been on a constant quest for innovation and efficiency. In this article, we’ll explore over 60 fascinating tech facts that will boost your knowledge and give you a better understanding of how technology has evolved over the years.
1. The world’s first computer was invented in the 1930s and weighed around 50 tons.
2. The first website was launched in 1991.
3. The first cell phone was invented in 1973.
4. About 95% of American households own a cell phone.
5. There are over 4.5 billion internet users in the world.
6. The first laptop computer was invented in 1981.
7. 90% of all emails are spam.
8. Google’s first-ever tweet was in binary code.
9. The first Apple computer was sold for $666.66.
10. Every year, over 50 million tons of electronic waste is generated globally.
11. In 2020, the global app revenue reached $111 billion.
12. Facebook has over 2.7 billion monthly active users.
13. The first-ever emoticon was created in 1982.
14. The first-ever touchscreen phone was made in 1992.
15. In 2021, it is estimated that there will be over 7.9 billion mobile users worldwide.
16. The first-ever computer virus was called “Creeper” in 1971.
17. In 2020, the global e-commerce market was worth $4.28 trillion.
18. The first-ever commercial cell phone was the Motorola DynaTAC 8000X.
19. The first-ever domain name was registered in 1985.
20. The world’s first smartphone was IBM’s Simon, launched in 1993.
21. In 2020, Amazon’s revenue exceeded $386 billion.
22. The estimated number of smartphone users in China is over 1.4 billion.
23. The first-ever digital camera was invented in 1975.
24. The first search engine was launched in 1990.
25. In 2020, the global market value of AI reached $39.9 billion.
26. The floppy disk was introduced in 1969.
27. The first-ever video game was called “Tennis for Two” and was played on an oscilloscope screen in 1958.
28. The first-ever computer mouse was invented in 1963.
29. 90% of internet traffic comes from search engine results.
30. In 2020, Tesla’s market capitalization exceeded $500 billion.
31. The first-ever YouTube video was uploaded in 2005.
32. The first-ever commercial text message was sent in 1992.
33. In 2020, the global market value of blockchain technology was $3 billion.
34. The first-ever computer network was called ARPANET and was created in the 1960s.
35. The first-ever satellite to orbit the earth was launched in 1957.
36. The first-ever spreadsheet program was Lotus 1-2-3, launched in 1982.
37. The first-ever web browser was called WorldWideWeb and was launched in 1990.
38. In 2020, the global market value of big data reached $168.8 billion.
39. The first-ever webcam was invented in 1991.
40. The first-ever emoji was created in Japan in 1999.
41. In 2020, the total number of active social media users exceeded 3.6 billion.
42. The first-ever personal computer was called the Altair 8800 and was launched in 1975.
43. The first-ever barcode was scanned at a grocery store in 1974.
44. In 2020, the global market value of virtual reality was $19.7 billion.
45. The first-ever digital music player was called the MPMan and was launched in 1997.
46. The first-ever internet browser for Windows was called NCSA Mosaic and was launched in 1993.
47. In 2020, Netflix had over 200 million subscribers worldwide.
48. The first-ever remote control was invented in 1956.
49. The first-ever text message was sent in 1992.
These fascinating tech facts showcase the incredible advancements and milestones that have shaped the tech industry. From the invention of the first computer to the rise of smartphones and AI, technology continues to revolutionize our world. Stay curious and keep exploring the ever-evolving world of tech!