Photo By: Flickr, Source, CC
Table of Contents
10 Little-Known Facts About The Chainsmokers, The Chainsmokers are an EDM duo composed of Andrew Taggart and Alex Pall. Since their first hit single “Roses” in 2015 they have rocked the music world and have gone on to become one of the most successful acts in modern history. Here are 10 Little-Known Facts About The Chainsmokers you may not have known about the band:
- The Chainsmokers started out in a small New York apartment. They eventually grew their fanbase and 2013 was the year they started to make a name for themselves.
- Before becoming the multi-platinum award-winning duo we know today, the Chainsmokers have done other projects together. Alex Pall worked as a DJ and Andrew Taggart was a songwriter and producer.
- Alex Pall is originally from Westchester, New York. He grew up listening to techno and alternative rock music.
- Andrew Taggart grew up in Freeport, Maine and got his start in music at a young age playing the piano and writing music.
- The Chainsmokers first big hit single was “Roses”, which was released in 2015. The song rose to the number 6 spot on the Billboard Hot 100.
- The duo released their first full-length album, “Memories…Do Not Open” in 2017. The album featured the hit singles “Closer” and “Don’t Let Me Down” and it went to number one on the Billboard 200.
- The Chainsmokers have collaborated with some of the biggest names in music, including Halsey, Coldplay, and 5 Seconds of Summer.
- The Chainsmokers have won numerous awards, including two Grammy Awards for Best Dance Recording, two American Music Awards, and six iHeartRadio Music Awards.
- The duo wrote the song “#SELFIE” as a parody, yet it became their first big hit single.
- The band released their latest single, “Kills You Slowly” in June, 2020.
Why are they called The Chainsmokers?
How did The Chainsmokers get their name? In an interview with Billboard Alex explained the reason behind the band’s name. “We actually met each other while we were both taking a smoke break outside so it was serendipitous that we ended up adopting The Chainsmokers as our name,” Alex said.
What other musical groups is The Chainsmokers associated with?
The Chainsmokers have collaborated with a variety of musical artists including Coldplay, Halsey, Daya, 5 Seconds of Summer, and Brothers Osborne. They have also remixed songs by Zedd and Selena Gomez.
The 10 Little-Known Facts About The Chainsmokers have made a huge impact on the music industry since their emergence in 2013. With numerous awards, multiple hit singles, and collaborations with some of the biggest names in music, the band has established themselves as one of the most successful EDM acts in recent history.