Photo By:: Image
10 Interesting Facts About Life
Life is a complex web of experiences and moments. Although many things in life aren’t always known, here are 10 interesting facts to help shed a little light on the world we live in:
1. All living species share the same genetic code.
The genetic code is the same for all living creatures on the planet. This means that humans are more closely related to animals than most people might realize.
2. Bees are the most important pollinators on the planet.
They’re responsible for pollinating over 70% of our crops. Without bees, our diets would look drastically different and much of our produce would not be able to first be pollinated.
3. The world’s oldest tree is over 9,500 years old.
This ancient tree is located in the White Mountains of California and is believed to be over 5,000 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza.
4. Human skin is home to over 1,000 species of bacteria.
Your body is a habitat for thousands of microscopic organisms that are essential in helping to ward off dangerous pathogens.
5. Humans can survive three weeks without food.
Your body can also last at least three days without water, though it depends on the individual and their current health condition.
6. Exercise can decrease your chance of getting a cold.
Studies have found that regular exercise can reduce your chances of catching a cold or the flu by up to 40%.
7. The average human heart beats 100,000 times a day.
This means that the heart pumps about 2,000 gallons of blood every single day.
8. There are 2,000 languages spoken throughout the world.
The most commonly spoken language is Mandarin Chinese, which is spoken by over one billion people.
9. The human eye can distinguish 10 million colors.
The average human eye can also detect subtle variations of light that determine color and depth of field.
10. Human brains can retain memories for up to five years.
Though memories tend to fade over time, some memories you make can last a lifetime.