Photo By:: Image
10 Fun Facts You Should Know
The world is a fascinating place filled with countless interesting elements. To help you stay informed and sharp, here are 10 important fun facts about our planet and its inhabitants that everyone should know:
1. The human brain consists of about 100 billion neurons.
This complex network of neurological pathways controls every aspect of our lives and is responsible for our cognitive abilities. Scientists often compare the human brain to a supercomputer, and just like computers, it needs constant stimulation to keep it sharp.
2. Blood is red because of iron.
Iron oxidizes and binds with oxygen when in the blood, giving it its red color. The amount of iron in your blood can give insight into your overall health, and iron deficiencies can cause anemia.
3. Antarctica is the world’s largest desert.
Although it is a huge expanse of land surrounded by water, Antarctica is considered a desert due to a lack of precipitation and other factors that make it difficult for plants and animals to survive there.
4. The Great Wall of China spans 15,000 miles.
5. The oldest living organism is over 5,000 years old.
6. About 57 million people die every year.
7. The world’s deepest point is 36,200 feet below the surface.
8. 75% of the planet is water.
The Earth’s surface is made up of mostly water, which makes it all the more important to preserve, protect, and manage this precious resource.
9. There are 1,500 active volcanoes on Earth.
Volcanoes are powerful natural forces that can cause destruction and death in the blink of an eye. There are an estimated 1,500 active volcanoes spanning the planet, and this number is constantly changing.
10. The Sun is 99.86% of the Solar System’s mass.
Out of all the objects and objects of the Solar System, the Sun takes up 99.86% of its mass. The Sun gives us light, warmth, and it essential for life on Earth.