10 Fun Facts to Amaze and Entertain
1. The Mona Lisa has No Eyebrows
According to some historians, the Mona Lisa is a fully painted realistic portrait by Leonardo da Vinci, but she appears to be missing her eyebrows and eyelashes.
2.The Largest Living Thing on Earth Is a Fungus
The honey mushroom is one of the largest living organisms on the planet, weighting up to 440 tons and covering over 2,000 acres in the Blue Mountains of Eastern Oregon.
3.The Tongue is the Strongest Muscle in the Human Body
Your tongue is actually the strongest muscle in the human body. It has the ability to move food around your mouth, helping you to taste and swallow.
4.Chocolate Can be Deadly for Dogs
Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains theobromine, which dogs’ bodies cannot process as well as humans. If your pup eats chocolate, it could lead to vomiting, diarrhea, dehydration, and even seizures.
5.The Earth is Actually Not a Perfect Sphere
The Earth is actually slightly pear-shaped due to the force of gravity pulling the planet towards one side.
6.A Lock of Napoleon’s Hair Just Sold for $15,000
In 2017, a lock of Napoleon Bonaparte’s hair sold at auction for a staggering $15,000.
7.The First Domesticated Animal Was the Grey Wolf
The Grey Wolf is believed to be the first animal to be domesticated by humans some 15,000 years ago.
8.The Smallest Bird in the World is the Bee Hummingbird
The Bee Hummingbird is the smallest bird in the world, measuring an average of just 2 inches in length.
9.A Baby Blue Whale Gains 200lbs Everyday
Baby blue whales are some of the most astonishing mammals in the ocean and are capable of gaining up to 200lbs each day.
Contrary to popular belief, crocodiles do cry and shed tears. But, this isn’t because of emotion; rather, it is believed to be a way for the animal to expel excess salt from its body.
What are some interesting facts to share at a party?
1. 1 in 10,000 North Atlantic lobsters are born bright blue.
2. The U.S. mints more than 20 billion pennies a year.
3. The highest-grossing film of all time is Avatar, released in 2009.
4. Bubble wrap was originally intended to be used as wallpaper.
5. The Liberty Bell was once cracked and had to be recast.
6. The Brown Bear is the world’s most widely distributed land mammal.
7. The world’s oldest known prisoner was released at the age of 88.
8. The collective noun for hippos is “bloat”.
9. The skin of a watermelon is actually edible.
10. The longest English word is “Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis”, a lung disease caused by inhaling ash and dust.