10 Fun Facts to Amaze and Amuse
Diapers were originally made out of fabric and had to be washed and reused. Disposable diapers were not invented until the 1950s.
The largest diamond ever discovered weighed over 3,000 carats. That’s six times the size of the largest diamond ever cut.
You can’t tickle yourself because your brain can sense it coming and thus dampens the tickle response.
When it’s raining, a giraffe is tall enough to be able to reach up and eat leaves from trees without getting its head wet.
Humans are the only species known to blush.
The world’s oldest tree is over 5,000 years old and is located in Sweden.
The longest word in the English language is “pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis”.
More people use English as a second language than as a native language.
The world’s largest pyramid is in Mexico and covers an area of 481,000 square metres.
Camels have three eyelids to protect themselves from blowing sand.
The national animal of Scotland is the unicorn.
What interesting facts are there to know about the world?
1. The country of Liechtenstein is the richest country in the world in terms of gross domestic product (GDP) per capita.
2. Chilli peppers are the most consumed spice in the world.
3. Over 50 percent of the world’s population lives in Asia.
4. About 249 languages are spoken in India, the second most populous country in the world.
5. The Great Wall of China is over 8,000 kilometers (5,000 miles) long, making it the longest human-made structure in the world.
6. The world’s deepest diving mammal, the Cuvier’s beaked whale, can dive to a depth of nearly 3,000 feet (905 meters).
7. The Netherlands is the most densely populated country in Europe.
8. Ecuador is the world’s smallest Spanish-speaking country.
9. The world’s first known civilization was founded in Mesopotamia (now Iraq) around 4,000 B.C.
10. Antarctica is the only continent without a native human population.
What percentage of the Earth’s surface is covered by water?
Approximately 71 percent of the Earth’s surface is covered by water.
What percentage of the Earth is water?
Approximately 71% of the Earth’s surface is covered by water.
What percentage of the Earth’s surface is covered in water?
Approximately 71% of the Earth’s surface is covered in water.
What percentage of the Earth’s mass is water?
Approximately 71% of the Earth’s mass is made up of water.