Photo By: Flickr, Source, CC
A Champ with Multiple Feats
1. At the young age of 27, Canelo Alvarez is one of the greatest boxers in the world today. He is currently the reigning WBA super middleweight champion.
2. He is a three-division champion, having won world titles at both middleweight and super-middleweight as well as at light middleweight.
3. He has held the WBC and WBA world titles.
4. He has been undefeated in the ring since 2017 and holds an incredible record of 55-1-2.
5. He made his professional debut in 2005 at the young age of 15, where he fought and won a four round decision.
6. He is a four-weight unified champion and the first boxer ever to win four world titles in four different divisions.
7. He is the only boxer to unify three of the four major super-middleweight belts.
8. He is the highest-paid boxer in the world and holds the record for the world’s second-highest attended boxing match in history.
9. He has held the titles of Ring Magazine and Lineal Middleweight Champion.
10. He was recently named the leader of The Ring Magazine’s pound-for-pound rankings.
What is the most interesting fact about Canelo Alvarez?
Álvarez is the first and only boxer in history to become undisputed champion at super middleweight, having held the WBA (Super), WBC and Ring magazine titles since 2020, and the IBF and WBO titles since 2021. He is also one of the few boxers in history, male or female, to win world titles in four weight divisions, having previously held championships at middleweight and light heavyweight. In 2019, Alvarez defeated Sergey Kovalev that earned him the WBO and Lineal light heavyweight title.
How many boxing belts has Canelo won?
How many world titles has Canelo won? The WBO super-middle belt he acquired in November with his win over Caleb Plant was the 16th world boxing championship of 31-year-old Alvarez’s career so far. He has won world titles in four different weight classes – super-middleweight (168 pounds), middleweight (160 pounds), super-welterweight (154 pounds) and light-middleweight (155 pounds).
What is Canelo favorite food?
Canelo described the tamarindo, chile, sugar creation as “delicious,” which says all we need to know about him: the man has good taste. After the Pulparindo, the boxer went on to punch through a bag of Doritos, which he says are some of his “favorite” chips of all time. A surprising detail? He loves cookies. “ My favorite cookie is chocolate chip.”
1. What championship victories has Canelo Alvarez achieved?
Canelo Alvarez has won six world championships, including the WBA (Super) and The Ring middleweight titles, the WBO light heavyweight title, the WBA (Regular) super middleweight title, the WBC and WBA (Super) super welterweight titles, and the WBA (Regular) middleweight title.