Photo By:: Image
10 Amazing Fun Facts Everyone Should Know
We all love talking about fun facts. After all, nothing is better than having a good laugh and learning something new. Here are 10 amazing fun facts that everyone should know about!
1. The average human will shed around 600,000 particles of skin every hour.
That’s equivalent to about 1.5 grams of skin in every hour. So not only is your skin shedding continuously, it’s shedding a lot of it!
2. A sneeze can travel up to 100 miles per hour!
That’s around 160km per hour! Keep yourself spaced out from other people when you feel a sneeze coming on.
3. A human being will produce around 25,000 quarts of saliva during their lifetime.
That’s equivalent to around 50,000 litres! Saliva is produced in response to different stimulations, like when you eat sour or spicy food, or when you’re nauseous.
4. The Earth experiences around 500 lightning strikes every second.
This means that on average, around 8 million lightning strikes hit the Earth’s surface every day. It’s no wonder we see so many flashes of lightning!
5. Elephants have the longest pregnancies in the animal kingdom, with 22 months!
Elephants are highly social creatures and their reproductive cycles are tightly regulated. They carry their babies for a full 22 months before giving birth!
6. Termites eat wood two times faster when they listen to heavy metal music.
Yes, you read that correctly. When heavy metal music is playing, termites are significantly speedier in their wood-munching.
7. Your stomach can dissolve razor blades.
The acids in your stomach are strong enough to digest the metals in a razor blade. This doesn’t mean it’s a good idea to eat them!
8. The hottest chili pepper in the world is the Carolina Reaper.
This chili pepper clocks in at an average of 1,569,300 Scoville Heat Units. For reference, a jalapeno pepper only averages around 10,000 SHUs.
9. Human bones are four times stronger than concrete.
Our bones are actually incredibly strong. In fact, they are the living tissue in the human body!
10. Your heart beats around 100,000 times each day.
That’s the equivalent to around 35 million times a year. The rate at which your heart beats changes depending on your body’s needs.
We hope you had fun learning these amazing fun facts!